Read about it Below or Listen
“Today’s Flower Cottage florist shop was Columbus’ first lending library. People from around the area used this building to read and to borrow books much like today’s libraries.
Constructed in 1892 this structure is one of the oldest buildings in the Town of Columbus. Originally known as the “Institute” it served as both a kindergarten and a community reading room. This 125-year old house has been in continuous use since it was constructed.
Sited in its original location it is believed to be the fourth oldest building in the county seat. Just image if the walls could talk. Built along Columbus’ most busy street this locale would have been present when horse & buggies rode along Mills Street past the 1859 courthouse and the 1857 First Baptist Church.”
Link to UgoTour narration coming